Corey Feldman, who has long pledged to bring down a “pedophile ring” in Hollywood that he was been aware of since he was a child actor, took his first official action this week by filing a report with Los Angeles police.
The LAPD on Tuesday confirmed that they had launched an investigation after receiving a report filed by Feldman, although they would not confirm the allegations the actor made. A representative for Feldman also declined to comment.
Feldman has yet to name the powerful Hollywood figures he claims have preyed on young actors trying to make it in the business, including himself and fellow child actor star Corey Haim. “The Coreys” starred in seven films together between 1987 and 1996, including The Lost Boys and License to Drive.
Appearing last week on Dr. Oz, Feldman, 46, said he was intent on “bringing down a pedophile ring” that he has been aware of since he was a child, and had launched a fundraising campaign for a documentary in which he plans to name major names for the first time.
“Right off the bat, I can name six names, one of them who is still very powerful today,” he said.
Feldman did detail the abuse he says he and Haim suffered in Hollywood in his book Coreyography,blaming it for Haim’s drug battle and untimely death. But for years, Feldman has largely refused calls to divulge identities, citing fears of lawsuits and other forms of retribution.
“There is one person to blame in the death of Corey Haim, and that person happens to be a Hollywood mogul — and that person needs to be exposed but unfortunately I can’t be the one to do it,” he famously told Nightline in 2011.
But in the wake of the sexual misconduct allegations against Hollywood heavyweights like producer Harvey Weinstein, actor Kevin Spacey, and director James Toback, the fears of legal action that kept so many accusers quiet over the decades have been ebbing.
(Excerpt) Read More in: BuzzFeed